Based on lines and creases on one’s palms, palmists can predict the future and deduce the hidden traits of his personality. Even though there are debates about the authenticity and accuracy of palmistry, it still attracts a huge amount of interest from both believers and non-believers. A palmist uses a palmistry reading chart to make certain predictions.
Palmists observe the lines on the palm to determine the future and personality traits of one person. There are four major lines in palmistry reading. Besides, there are a few minor lines like the marriage line, travel lines, children lines, and so on.
1. Life Line
- If your life line embraces completely around the thumb, your physical and mental health are good.
- If the life line is forked upwards, the bearer may possess a positive attitude towards life.
- If the life line is forked downwards, that person is a pessimist and an introvert as well.
2. Head Line
- If a person’s head line curves upwards towards the pinkie finger, he is likely to be good at Math, Logic, and Business Studies.
- In case the head line curves downwards, it represents a sensitive person who is endowed with literature and fantasy.
- Someone with a broken head line will have many kinds of interests.
- If you have no head line, you are a specialist in certain fields.
3. Heart Line
- A straight heart line indicates a selfish personality.
- If your heart line curves upward to finish between the index and middle finger, you are a caring and understanding person.
- A curvy heart line ending below the index finger indicates a person who is adventurous and artistic.
4. Destiny Line (Fate Line)
- A straight fate line indicates a successful life ahead.
- If there is a fork in your fate line, then you will have a great amount of wealth in store.
- Some people may not have the fate line, which means they will experience a comfortable but uneventful life.
While foretelling the future, people also pay attention to the mounts on the palm. These mounts initiated from Greek palmistry and are named after Greek gods and goddesses. The chart below indicates their location and interpretation.
|Name of Mounts||Position||Interpretation|
|Mount of Venus||Below the thumb||Love, beauty, artistic sense|
|Mount of Jupiter||Below the forefinger||Moral, leadership, ambition, belief systems, self-confidence|
|Mount of Saturn||Below the middle finger||Responsibility, patience, practicality|
|Mount of Apollo||Below the ring finger||Leisure, pleasure, affection, creativity, energy, compassion|
|Mount of Mercury||Below the pinky finger||Communication, independence, versatility|
|Mount of the Moon||Below the thumb||Creativity, imagination, passion, shyness|